Riverside Hall History
This hall, by the side of the Batherm bridge, was built in 1903 as a Drill Hall with a range of military connections over the years. In the 1950's it became the Public Hall, owned by Bampton Town Council, and in recent years was renamed the Riverside Hall.
Download a detailed History of the hall (updated June 2018) - here.
See Riverside Hall main page for more details and booking charges.
Here are a couple of old photos -
The extension being built on the Hall in 1967
A meeting in the Hall - note the old heating stove on the left